Re: [Question #136704]: mix boundary control

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi Chiara,

You can't apply a strain rate directly, so you define a target strain and a max strainRate, and it will load at this rate on direction k, as soon as k is not stress-controlled.
This is how I set periTriax for a constant strain rate loading in direction 1, and constant stress on 0 and 2 (a few revisions ago, but I don't think it changed) :

triax.goal=[-1e4,triax.strain[1]-finalStrain,-1e4]
triax.maxStrainRate=[rate*10.0,rate,rate*10.0]
triax.stressMask=5

In goals "triax.strain[1]-finalStrain" means final strain with reference to current state.
Higher rates are allowed for axis 0 and 2, so that its not a limiting factor for stress regulation (maxima apply for all boundaries).
stressMask=5 set which  directions are stress controled with bit mask (True*1+False*2+True*4).

I hope it helps.

Bruno