Re: [Question #165847]: Generating sample

Luc Scholtès proposed the following answer:
Hi Gayanindika,

To create the walls around your packing, see the utils function
aabbWalls(). Then to apply a triaxial compression, see the engine
TriaxialCompressionEngine(). You should have something ressembling those
lines in your script to perform what you want:

# defines your assembly
O.bodies.append(utils.sphere(*),...)

# creates and identifies the walls for the triaxial engine
walls=O.bodies.append(utils.aabbWalls(*))

# defines the triaxial engine (important here to accurately identify the walls)
TriaxialCompressionEngine(
	wall_bottom_id=walls[2],
	wall_top_id=walls[3],
	wall_left_id=walls[0],
	wall_right_id=walls[1],
	wall_back_id=walls[4],
	wall_front_id=walls[5],
)

BTW, there was a triaxial test script in the examples directory... I am
not sure anymore since I don't work with the latest version, but maybe
you should have a look and ask if needed...

Cheers

  Luc