Re: [Question #178830]: on sample generation to model the real granular sand

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Wangxiaoling, Yade is used by many for generating dense and loose packings.
MakeCloud alone is not doing the trick, you need to combine it with a boundaryController (triaxialEngine's), as in the tutorial.
This is the only way to my knowledge to obtain:
1, specific psd
2, porisity
3, no locked-in forces (i.e. not excessive overlaps, not guaranteed in the previous Jakob's script)

If you mean tutorial-1 script is not doing only and exactly what you
want at the moment, I have to agree, but you are free to enhance it in
the way that suits your need. The only thing missing there is a loop
after the initial growth, reducing friction until a desired porosity is
found. You can of course also use Jakob's script, if you think it does
what you want.