Re: Compare Experimental and Numerical

> My personnal feeling is that your problem is calibration of the
> parameters of your numerical discrete model towards the experiments
> you want to simulate.

Yes.

> I'd recommand you first to have in mind that what is called Young
> Modulus in Yade has NOTHING to do with a Young Modulus in continuum
> mechanics... I dared to upper case "NOTHING" since the equations, and
> the roles in these equations of these two "Young Modulus", have
> nothing in common, even if correlations can be deduced.. I wouldn't be
> able to answer you why it is called "Young modulus", then...

It's called "Young" modulus because it defines the Young's modulus of
the packing (modulo a constant factor)...

Benoit, see
https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys
for equations inside.
Instead of justifying the equations of this specific functor, I'd rather
ask: what contact behaviour do you want to simulate?

Bruno