[Question #193956]: Inertia tensor of aspherical asymmetrical body

I am sorry for bothering with such a question, but I do not understand meaning of inertia (of body.state class). According to documentation, it should be a vector of three components. However for asymmetrical body (such as tetrahedron or others) I need to input a tensor (i.e. six independent components).
Does it mean principal inertia? But how then I specify direction of this principal inertia? Should I input a body rotated so that principal inertia axis are aligned with global x-y-z?
Best regards    Jan Elias