Re: [Question #200094]: re-initialization of the collider

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Ok. This may be useful. I have in mind to fix the flipCell function for a
while.
This function should do what you are trying to do manually (not reseting
the collider, but updating cellDist where it is needed).
I probably typed the indication to not use flipCell in the doc (else Vaclav
did), but it was some time ago, and even at that time I think the origin of
the failure was not very clear.
Any detail you could provide on failure, example script, etc. would be a
good starting point for fixing (you can post here).

Another thing: it is possible to skip the "spanning" restriction and
introduce big planes in periodic problems (see
https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Screenshots_and_videos#Periodic_boundary_conditionsand
associated script).
We recently used that for shearing a material between two plates without
limitations on the shear. I plan to commit the example script soon.

Bruno