Re: [Question #199704]: getStress for ScGeom

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Jan,
Current branch makes tensile stress positive for ScGeom laws.
The problem in your case is (I guess) that you are using a Dem3Dof law, which invert the force convention (applied on b2 in ScGeom, applied on b1 in Dem3Dof). It's a long standing problem...

There was an agreement months ago to make ScGeom convention the default
(hence, it needs to specify dem3Dof=True to make PeriTriaxController
work correctly
(https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/PeriIsoCompressor.hpp#L50)).

I would recommend to change the convention in Dem3Dof to avoid this, but it's up to you to decide since I think you are the only user/maintainer of associated code.
Currently you need -getStress() to get correct sign with Dem3Dof.