[Question #207350]: Questions concerning triaxial test

Hi,all

I am a freshman on yade.

Now I am trying to simulate the triaxial test mentioned in Jean-Patrick Plassiard's article "Rockfall impact parameters on embankments: a discrete element method analysis", with the help of tutorial for triaxial tests found in scripts/triax-tutorial.

My questions are:
1. How to generate a certain kind of particle distribution in yade, for example weibull distributon ?? It seems using "psdSizes and psdCumm" is the only way to generate a non-uniform distribution and the only way to obtain a lower porosity(for example 0.3) after confinement in yade, am I right?

2.After the generation of particles, we can obtain coordinates and radius of each particle. My question is how to draw the distribution curve(column chart type) like the one mentioned in  Jean-Patrick Plassiard's article: the x axis represents the particle sizes, the y axis represents the number of corresponding particles.

3. Although the mechanical parameters as well as the confining pressure were set the same values as the ones mentioned in Jean-Patrick Plassiard's article, even the porosity after confinement is obtained as low as 0.3, the differential stress q and the volumetric strain ev are about 10-15 percent lower than Jean-Patrick Plassiard's results. Does anyone know the reasons? The difference between SDEC and yade is not the main reason, I guess.

ThanK you in advance!

Good day!
Lingran