Re: [Question #212429]: computer configuration

Christian Jakob proposed the following answer:
I started with an Intel Xeon (I think it was 6500) 2,5 years ago. Then
(1 year ago) I got a new computer with an i7 core. I would definitely
prefer the i7 technology! For details see here:

http://techreport.com/review/15818/intel-core-i7-processors

I got 2-3 times higher calculation speed with the i7 (although cpu
frequency is nearly the same) in DEM applications!