Re: [Question #224128]: How to learn and start a 2D simulation in YADE

    (1) It is a 2D simulation.

it is possible, see some previous questions related to 2d simulation:

>     (2) The numerical idealization consists of a box formed by four
> plattens and its sides are constrained by a constant force(2N/m) for
> numerically generating an initial state of a granular assembly and move
> horizontally.

This should be possible with
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.ThreeDTriaxialEngine
or
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.TriaxialStressController
but I have no personal experience, so hopefully somebody else will reply :-)

>     (3) The top platten is driven downward and the bottom upward at a
> constant velocity to simulate uniaxial compression under a constant lateral
> force.

This should be provided by previous engines

>     (4) The simulation may run with variations of particle size and
> shape(disk or ellipse).

You can use "discs" (2D projection of spheres), but there are not
ellipses/ellipsoids in Yade. You can try to use clumps if spheres will work

>     (5) The friction between the plattens and the grains is the same as
> between the grains themselves.

it is possible

>     (6) The simulation may be controlled by time step and loading rate.

controlling loading rate should be also possible with aforementioned
engines. What do you mean by "controlled by time step"?

>     Now, there is almost no experience for me to do this work with YADE.
> So my first question is whether all the above steps can be implemented in
> YADE or not, and the second one is how to start the 2D simulation in YADE.

By "can be implemented" do you mean that they can by used directly, or
actual new implementation? In fact, almost anything can be implemented ;-)

I hope I hepled you a bit. Don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear
:-)