Re: [Question #224169]: [Triaxial Test] Tracking analysis process: Print iteration + stop condition

Klaus Thoeni proposed the following answer:
Hi Hien,

when running scripts on a server I usually use yade's batch mode even if
I am just running a script with fixed parameters. Instead of calling
yade I call yade-batch. You might have to slightly adapt your script so
that you can run it in batch mode (don't use qt module), i.e.

O.bodies.append(box(center=[0,0,0],extents=[.5,.5,.5],color=[0,0,1],fixed=True))
O.bodies.append(sphere([0,0,2],1,color=[0,1,0]))
typedEngine("NewtonIntegrator").gravity=(0,0,-9.81)
typedEngine("NewtonIntegrator").damping=0.1
O.run(2000000,True)
O.wait()
print 'some printout!'

Then I run: nohup yade-batch script.py > script.log &

With nuhup you can even log out and the simulation will still run. If
you look at your log file script.log (yade-batch will also create an
other one) you can find something like this: http://localhost:9080 shows
batch summary

You can use the command line browser lynx to show the summary which
shows you at which iteration your simulation is, just type: lynx
localhost:9080

HTH
Klaus