[Question #225911]: I have problem with figuring out installation by source code and package. I am new to yade. can anyone tell me explictly what should i do for installation ?

HI!

I am very much new to yade and linux system. I had the Yade 0.80.1 installation done from package, but when i tried to run the example code of for ex. bouncing ball it did not work, and some shortcut like ^L to clear, doesnot work. I think there is something wrong with installation or I should install it using source code, I dont know.

Can anyone tell me what is exact difference between installing from source code and from package? and what complete procedure i should follow for installation of all requied files, may be i can unstall it and do it again . By the way i looked over yade documentation.

Thanks!

Hemanta