Re: [Question #230574]: New Interaction For Bubbles

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
The minimal effort would be to use existing material, IPhys and Ip2 and
to only write a new contact law. You would carry useless parameters in
your model, like friction coefficient, but it is really not a big deal.

I think you could do it Nolan if you want, with only a basic understanding of c++.
Use Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack (in ElasticContactLaw.cpp/hpp) as an example, duplicate and rename it (e.g. Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_ChanBubble).

You will have to modify line 61:
phys->normalForce=phys->kn*std::max(un,(Real) 0)*geom->normal;
which will be more complex in your case since you have this non-linear problem to solve. Most of the rest of the go() function is useless for you since it deals with the shear force. Can be removed (except the last part where the force is applied on the bodies).

When you are done editing, re-compile yade, and use the new law in your scripts: replacing  Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack or whatever you were using by Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_ChanBubble.
Et voila.
If you want to try this alone and need a bit more assistance, let us know.

As for your very nice offer, I'm sure there are many possible improvements of english to be made in the documentation.
Just mentioning the most visited places:
https://yade-dem.org/doc/
https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html
https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html

These pages are all generated on the basis of simple text files included in Yade's sources, so it is easy to fix them with any text editor. For the third one, it can be a bit tedious though: instead of a single text file, the documentation is everywhere in the c++ files. It needs a good editing tool to quickly spot where a given sentence is typed (I recommend kdevelop).
For instance, this paragraph: https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Cell.homoDeform
is typed here: https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/core/Cell.hpp#L160
It would be a lot of work to proofread everything, but any bit would help even on a few selected sections.

Cheers.

Bruno