Re: [Question #234129]: plastic energy dissipation

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Thank you for clarification. Getting the energies in subdomains is indeed not directly possible with O.energy.
This is not crazy, don't worry. :)
For python, I'm afraid it will always take a lot more time than c++, so I guess you will have to deal with the c++.

I am not sure how to implement this practically, it also depends on your precise needs.
Do you plan to filter the interactions only on the basis of their location? One way would be to simply include a an option to the O.energy system, like a custom predicate that would be checked inside scene->energy->add().
All the other solutions I can imagine are boring because they would imply to duplicate the same changes in all constitutive laws (or would work for only one of them).

The problem is: if you want the dissipated energy in a different region,
then you have to run the same simulation again from the very begining
(same problem in your python script). I see no simple solution to this.