[Question #238902]: Syntax -j option

I apologize for this dummy question, but I'm wondering about the syntax of -j option... Is it mandatorily e.g. -j4 (as I saw in some previous answers), or is it ok to use -j 4 (with the space) ?....

I tried to check myself, using htop (which I do not know very well....), but with -j 4 (with the space), there are .. 5 yade processes that are listed.. (one with 100 % CPU, four others between 20 and 30% CPU). Which does not help me to understand precisely what's going on...