Re: [Question #239919]: Is getStress documentation ok ?

Anton Gladky posted a new comment:
2013/11/28 Bruno Chareyre <question239919@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I guess I will have to make it red-blinking on the wiki [1]  (and
> replace "convenient" by "mandatory").

Yes. Bruno, could you, please, add the following:

"Do not rebase commits that you have pushed to a public repository.

If you follow that guideline, you’ll be fine. If you don’t, people
will hate you,
and you’ll be scorned by friends and family.

When you rebase stuff, you’re abandoning existing commits and creating new
ones that are similar but different. If you push commits somewhere and others
pull them down and base work on them, and then you rewrite those commits
with git rebase and push them up again, your collaborators will have to re-merge
their work and things will get messy when you try to pull their work
back into yours." [1], [2]

It is very important.

https://github.com/progit/progit/blob/master/en/03-git-branching/01-chapter3.markdown
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2715085/rebasing-and-what-does-one-mean-by-rebasing-pushed-commits