Re: [Question #240628]: get fluid velocity in PFV cells

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
There is quite a lot of c++ code for PFV that is not reflected on the python side yet.
I suggest to grep Average_Relative_Cell_Velocity to see where is computed in the first place. Everything else is based on this.
You may simply add a new function in order to retrieve this data in python.

Mind that this is the velocity of the fluid relative to the solid. It
can look very strange sometimes. A more intuitive quantity is the
absolute velocity: local solid velocity + relative velocity.

1)  I don't understand why it is "not defined". It should be.
2) getCellFlux is for elements with imposed pressure, yes.  It is irrelevant for other elements since, by mass conservation, they would all give flux=0.
3) They are not supposed to be equal, but there should be a relation between them:
boundary flux = velocity.dot(normal) * area #(also maybe multiplied by porosity, not sure now)
>From factor 1e6 I would guess your sample size is of the order of 1e-3? Else the must be something wrong somewhere.

Ping me next week if you need more help, I'm a but busy now.