Re: [Question #240628]: get fluid velocity in PFV cells

Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
> There is quite a lot of c++ code for PFV that is not reflected on the python side yet.
> I suggest to grep Average_Relative_Cell_Velocity to see where is computed in the first place. Everything else is based on this.
> You may simply add a new function in order to retrieve this data in python.

ok, i see. back to c++ ...

> 1) I don't understand why it is "not defined". It should be.

bug? do you remember when it got implemented?

> 2) getCellFlux is for elements with imposed pressure, yes. It is
irrelevant for other elements since, by mass conservation, > they would
all give flux=0.

ok, so it is useless for my purpose.

> 3) They are not supposed to be equal, but there should be a relation between them:
> boundary flux = velocity.dot(normal) * area #(also maybe multiplied by porosity, not sure now)
> From factor 1e6 I would guess your sample size is of the order of 1e-3? Else the must be something wrong somewhere.

right, samples dim = Vector3(.002,.002,.003)

> Ping me next week if you need more help, I'm a but busy now.

thanks for clarification.