Re: [Question #255437]: Periodic random packing of spheres in a cube

skonda2 is still having a problem:
Hi!

Jan,
Documentation for Periodic packing was very helpful, i did go through it completely.
Jerome,
I implemented what you suggested.

So i wrote a script of what am trying to do:

from yade import pack, export
yade.pack.randomPeriPack(2, [ 25,25,25], 0.3,  noPrint =True).toSimulation()
yade.qt.Controller(), yade.qt.View()
yade.export.text("konda1")

What i got is a reasonable packing structure with around 108 spheres and also i was able to export the data in the file "konda1". The problem is, i do not see any spheres on the boundaries the periodic images in the primary view window.
However, when i check the periodic cell in the inspect window or click the play button, am able to see the (extra) spheres on the boundaries with their periodic images on the opposite sides (wire frame view for spheres near boundaries). That is the sort of packing am trying to get.
I am not sure how to export the position and radii for these set of spheres.? I feel am very close to the final objective which is get to periodic dense packing of non-overlapping spheres in a cube.

-Shailesh