Re: [Question #258401]: ForceRecorder Unit

Luis Barbosa is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,
Thanks for while,
Let me describe a little bit my experiment:

I've constructed:
A small "soil bin": width:0.2m length:0.2m hight:0.3m
3 types of tip to a penetrometer: 1- cone with 90 degrees; 2- cone with 30 degrees and 3- flat tip
4 types of granular material: micro spheres of glass, polystyrene, steel and sand.
The soil bin was filled each time with a different material;

Using an Instron (universal testing machine), I've done the penetration test for each tip, at 0,005 m/s in all materials.
The main aim is get the energy x depth as done by [1].
My first idea was use ForceRecorder to make a direct comparison with results from Instron.

Simulations:

I've imported to yade, all penetrometers and soil bin as .stl;
Created a cloud of spheres with initial porosity; (There is an open question mine, about voxelporosity)
After the gravity deposition the penetrometer starts to travel and the results are acquired.
I'm using PWaveTimeStep instead of GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper.

Best regards.
Luis

[1] Asaf.Z, Rubinstein D., Shmulevich I. Determination of discrete element model parameters required for soil tillage. Soil and tillage Research, 2007.