Re: [Question #258444]: How to create a rigid floor in a particle deposition with periodic boundaries

VG posted a new comment:
I am experiencing a similar problem and the material properties I am
using are as follows:

For the floor and ceiling: FrictMat( young=200e9, poisson=0.3,
density=8000. ,frictionAngle=radians(30) ,label='wall_mat')

And for the particles:
FrictMat( young=4e9,poisson=0.25,density=1346,frictionAngle=radians(30),label='sample_mat')

Can I solve this problem by increasing the Young's modulus for both the materials and what values should I use here ?
Also, wouldn't increasing the Young's Modulus for particles arbitrarily lead to unphysical response ?

 In addition, I am using O.dt=0.5*PWaveTimeStep() in my simulation. Now,
increasing the Young's modulus would also reduce the required time step.