Re: [Question #294741]: Adding resulting pictures of 3D view and plot.plots on a video

Klaus Thoeni proposed the following answer:
Hi,

I  can suggest two options:

1) use paraview: you can combine multiple views including 2D plots of
time series and export them as screen-shots or movie. I guess you can
find some more details on the paraview web-page [1].

2) do a bit of scripting yourself: save your screen-shots from yade (or
paraview), create images for each frame of your 2D plot (i.e., using
python and matplotlib), use montage from ImageMagic [2] to combine your
screen-shots and images and finally use ffmpeg [3] (or avconv) to
combine your frames to a movie. I guess this is what Václav did.

Please refer to the relevant documentation of the packages.

HTH
Klaus

[1] http://www.paraview.org/resources/
[2] http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/