Re: [Question #403469]: How to set the damping coefficient of a crowd of powders

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi, I would suggest to make Newton's damping 0 in such case, since it is not a physical damping.
The question is if you need damping at all, I'm not sure of that. If you need some you could go for some sort of viscous contact damping.
As for which contact viscosity would be best I'm afraid I have no clue. A parametric analysis compared with measurements could help to decide.
Bruno