Re: [Question #408683]: cracks number for different discretization

Yor1 posted a new comment:
Hello Jerome

Thank you for your answer.
I ask this question because i try to simulate the same test performed by Wassermann (phD thesis 2006) with the grey iron on spherical sample with diameter 70 mm and height 140 mm.
In this context, i try to reproduce the same number of cracks and the dissipated energy.
I have a second problem in this test, in the experimental test the dissipated energy is equal to 550 Joules but in the simulated test i obtain 37 Joules with the numerical sample calibrated on the mechanical response of grey iron.
My goal is to obtain the dissipated energy by the numerical sample equal to the dissipated energy by the real sample.
I try to modify the calibration with increasing the value of tensile strength and cohesion between particles but i don't get what i want.
Also i remarked that the energy dissipated is dependent to the volume. In fact, when i increase the dimension of the numerical sample, the energy dissipated become important.
My question is : there is a method that enables to incearse the dissipated energy with the same sample ?

I wish you Merry Christmas.
Best regards.
Jabrane.