Re: [Question #593653]: How to simulate a sinusoidal-shaped pressure condition at the top boundary of the packing

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Deng,

I am not encountering any errors when I run your code. In fact, it runs
and plots pressure and porosity indefinitely. Can you be more specific
about what is going wrong? What exactly are you trying to model?

I suggest you spend some time reading through oedometer.py [1] and the
FlowEngine class reference [2] to get an idea of some of the things you
need to think about when using the FlowEngine. For example, the mesh
needs to be updated in order to retriangulate the packing (recompute
cell volumes, recompute hydraulic conductivities, etc.) after DE move.
In your simulation, you are using the default values for both of these,
which are possibly not suitable for your specific scale and application.
Retriangulation can be accomplished with one of two functions,
meshUpdateInterval and defTolerance. The former forces a mesh update
given a defined number of timesteps and the latter only updates the mesh
if the volumetric deformation exceeds your defined value.

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/e4e757f2e98a620e3177b7a36a1d10f69f6a6a28/examples/FluidCouplingPFV/oedometer.py

[2]  https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine