Re: [Question #643123]: Two questions on JCFpmPhys

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Xavier,

>The first one is how to calculate all the intact bonds befor loading?

I do not quite understand, you want the total number of cohesive bonds?
You could iterate through the interactions like so:

cohesiveCount = 0
for i in O.interactions:
	if hasattr(i.phys, 'isCohesive'):
              if i.phys.isCohesive == True:
                     cohesiveCount+=1

>The second question is about the theory of calculating totalShearCracksE and totalTensCracksE

It looks like Luc is simply computing the energy released by assuming it
is equal to the energy stored in the normal and shear components of the
interaction just before it breaks [1]:

0.5 * F_n^2/k_n + 0.5 * F_s^2/k_s
F_ = normal/shear force before break & k_ = normal/shear stiffness before break

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/JointedCohesiveFrictionalPM.cpp#L91