Re: [Question #659557]: Flow engine working randomly with CHOLMOD

Luc Scholtès is still having a problem:
Hi guys,

I reinstalled everything from scratch (ubuntu 16.04 LTS and yade from
git). The problem persists and I cannot figure out what is wrong.

Several things:

- flow without surrounding walls: boundaryUseMaxMin=[1,1,1,1,1,1] should
let us run a simulation without walls around the packing (at least, this
is what I understood from the doc). I don't know if you tried but it
does not work. It is certainly my fault but if you could check on your
side, I would be curious to hear about it (I have  a script for that if
needed).

- flow with walls appended after the packing: I tried to use the wallIds
option in Flow Engine but, again, it seems that it does not work. Here
again, it is certainly my fault but if you could check on your side, I
would be curious to hear about it (I also have a script for that if
needed).

- Regarding the script with the predefined packing, as mentioned in a
opposed to the case where the packing is built up inside the simulation.
That was the only reason why I mentioned it. I understand that a MWE
should not be built up with such option but Robert seems to use the same
procedure so I wanted to make sure I did not introduce any misleading
line in my script (and I did not since Robert could run it successfully
on his side). Besides this, I must say that the average coordination
number is a parameter of my simulations with bonded particles. I need to
calibrate the interaction range so that the number of bonds per particle
corresponds to the value identified during the calibration of my models.
Like this, I ensure that the simulated behavior is not affected by,
among other things, the number of particles. Thus, I need to run my
simulations on packings for which I predetermine the interaction range
which gives the right coordination number. This is why I need to import
packings in my simulations. Up to now, it was working fine.

- Coming back to the flow solver, I must say that I am totally clueless
at the moment... Bruno, you mentioned in a previous message that you've
heard stories about similar issues. How did these stories end? Could you
find a solution (apart from reading incantations while burning the
computer on any sort of dedicated altar)? I was not able to find
anything on the mailing list...

Thank you for keeping up on this. I was supposed to work on HM coupled
problems 100% of my time during the coming months...

Luc