Re: [Question #660590]: Loading and manipulating a saving file

amir is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer my questions.

> Is it possible to remove (clear) a specific number of bodies (not
erasing) in Yade?

please specify more the difference between "clear" and "erase"

"clear" command removes all information belonging to a body (the empty
bodies fields as well), but "erase" just delete physics of bodies.

<>would you please tell us more details about your simulation? (time step length, number of bodies, number of time steps ...) 15000 empty bodies each time step is definitely very non-standard Yade setup..

You can see all information in the scripts and figure here:

 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vkl5lb89BXlxzaj44N3kPDMfy_a8cQDr

There are two layers of particles. You can see the sample here in figure 1:

15000 fine particles with radius r2 = .0003/2.0 and 80 coarse particles with radius r2 = .0003/2.0

time step length O.dt=utils.PWaveTimeStep()

simulation time: 0.01

number of simulation: suppose 100 times

What I want from Yade is:

(r2) (fine particles are in stable condition, There is not erosion, you
can run test1.py)

Add a specific number of particles into the coarse layer to decrease
porosity of the layer based the porosity value evaluated by FEM model
for longer time step.

Removing eroded particles particles in the container (Fig.1)

Then, body forces (garvity, buouyancy and drag) will be applied on particles for a short time to calculate small particles flux, permeability.....

In fact, DEM supply initial data for selected nodes in the
continuum model.

If I am not still clear. You can read the last conference paper I have
presented in GeoOttawa.

<>Anyway, deleting 15000 bodies each time step is itself very computationally time consuming, I would not be surprised if the time spent on it is comparable to actual simulation..

Ok, I see .... so for each time step, Yade has to delete the empty
bodies! It cannot be done just once at the beginning of the simulation?