Re: [Question #661824]: PyQt4 issue on a Cray

Gary Pekmezi posted a new comment:
Just wanted to add a couple of comments now that I finally managed to
build the GUI using recent versions of the libraries.

1) As of QT version 5.5, the QtWebKit module has been deprecated and
replaced by QtWebEngine [1]. When building Yade against a more recent
version of QT, one just needs to replace all instances of "QtWebKit"
with "QtWebEngine" in trunk/gui/qt5/__init__.py

2) As mentioned in my previous comment, building Yade against
libQGLViewer version 2.7.0 and higher [2] will throw a warning about
updateGL() being deprecated. This can be resolved by using the the
update() function instead. However, running the GUI will result in a
Segmentation Fault after throwing the following error "The constructor
with a shareWidget is deprecated, use the regular contructor instead." I
did not know where to start with this, so I just went back and built
Yade against libQGLViewer version 2.6.4.

[1] http://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.6#Removed_Modules
[2] http://libqglviewer.com/changeLog.html