Re: [Question #668211]: Installing Yade from source code on AWS

JIPEIQI proposed the following answer:
Hi Nima, I'm not using AWS. Which OS did you use in the AWS?  In my
opinion, if you can choose the OS in AWS, ubuntu may be better as yade
can be easily installed on it.

I also want to konw if you root premissions. Cause if you don't, things
will be a little difficult.

>>Do you by chance have the steps for installation??
I have to say [1] is the best instruction. You have to install nearly all of them first. I encountered plenty of problems but many of them are relevent to cmake commands. Learn sth about cmake will denefintely help you. And if your OS happens to be centos6, I can give you my versions of these prerequisites, cause their versions matter.

>>I currently use t2.micro (free one) but this is even slower than my own computer
That may depend on the CPUs?

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#prerequisites