Re: [Question #668211]: Installing Yade from source code on AWS

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
I am not sure how I missed this thread...my apologies.

Anyways, as Bruno says, you can treat AWS terminal as your own
terminal...so go ahead and compile yade the same way as shown on the
install page. Here was my script for sources on an Ubuntu 16.04 EC2
instance:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yade-users/external
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get -y install cmake git freeglut3-dev libloki-dev \
libboost-all-dev fakeroot dpkg-dev build-essential g++ \
python-dev ipython python-matplotlib libsqlite3-dev python-numpy python-tk gnuplot \
libgts-dev python-pygraphviz libvtk6-dev python-numpy libeigen3-dev \
python-xlib python-pyqt5 pyqt5-dev-tools python-pyqt5.qtwebkit gtk2-engines-pixbuf python-argparse \
libqglviewer-dev python-imaging libjs-jquery python-sphinx python-git python-bibtex \
libxmu-dev libxi-dev libcgal-dev help2man libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev python-minieigen \
libopenblas-dev libsuitesparse-dev libmetis-dev

sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib/myYade
cd /usr/local/lib/myYade/
sudo mkdir install build
sudo git clone https://github.com/yade/trunk.git
sudo apt-get update

cd build
sudo cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install ../trunk -DNOSUFFIX=ON
sudo make -jX install

# add an alias to .bashrc
sudo bash -c 'echo "alias yadeSrc='/usr/local/lib/myYade/install/bin/yade'" >> /home/ubuntu/.bashrc'
sudo bash -c 'echo "alias yadeSrc-batch='/usr/local/lib/myYade/install/bin/yade-batch'" >> /home/ubuntu/.bashrc'
source ~/.bashrc

# set the gnuplot terminal to 'dumb'
sudo bash -c 'echo "set terminal dumb" >> /usr/share/gnuplot5/gnuplot/5.0/gnuplotrc'