Re: [Question #671493]: tensile crack are not generating while using TSSR

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:

I am not aware of all the bonds are failing in shear or not

Is it worth investigating?

because I am using definite properties of the rock.

Have you calibrated your DEM microproperties? DEM microproperties should
be calibrated so that the macroproperties match the correct rock
properties.

I don't understand why it has grown instantly and then become again constant.

So you are observing tensile cracks? Presumably, you have 5 tensile
cracks occur between iteration 0.7e4-0.8e4. nbTensCracks is giving you
the total number of tensile cracks. At iteration 0.8e4 the total number
of tensile cracks does not change in your model. This is why it grows
and then stays constant.