Re: [Question #672563]: Modeling a Direct Shear Test with Simple Shear

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>Do you think it's appropriate to model direct/rotational shear by simplifying it to a simple
shear scenario?

Hi,
They are fundamentally different I'm afraid. Even direct and rotational are not the same.
All three types of boundary conditions can be (and have been) simulated with DEM.

There is no general and convincing argument to say they are all equivalent (instead, I've always heard that they were different...).
I guess finding justifications (if any) will depend on your particular context.
Sorry for late reply
Bruno