Re: [Question #686704]: PicklingError

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
>  I have always run Yade scripts by dragging the Yade executable into
my terminal and then dragging the python script after that.

Interesting method... We could imagine any difference in Operating System / Terminal between your laptop and desktop would lead to different behaviors for this method. Under warranty method is the classical one in Linux (as said in the first "doc" lines of biaxialSmooth.py):
$ pathToYade pathToScript  # Linux basics are necessary here..

Anyway, your output seems to be exactly the same than what one would get
with an incorrect use of a batch version of YADE, replacing "yade-batch"
with "biaxialSmooth". A wild guess (??) would be that you, on one of
your computers, somehow assigned the "biaxialSmooth" name to the batch
version of your YADE executable.

This would be a bloody mess, I do not know whether that's the case.

As for the YADE version, 2019.01a is a release of last January, it's old
(there should be a new release in few weeks). Again, if you want more
recent features of YADE (up to you to decide) such as Python3, you have
to update.