Re: [Question #687838]: Some questions related to the Triaxial code by Bruno Chareyre

> So the output is ready and I don't need to choose the Play button,
right? it does not make any difference in result. is that correct?

there is no code to add further results afterwards.
Of course the state of simulation will probably change

> I don't know what this damping does exactly. It damps the rate of
strain?

https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#numerical-damping

> I think this one is the criterion of finishing the test.

there are a few stop conditions in the script.

For isotropic confinement part, it is based on unbalanced force:
unb=unbalancedForce()
if unb<stabilityThreshold and abs(sigmaIso-triax.meanStress)/sigmaIso<0.001:
    break

The deviatoric part is just number of time steps:
O.run(5000,True)

> So I just need to put O.realtime at the end of my code. right?

it is one option, yes. You can of course use time or datetime module or
anything else, depending on your needs

> branch vectors connect the centroids of 2 particles while contact
normals are the exterior unit normal vector at contact. The fabric
tensor can be defined based on both with different formulations.

right, then
for i in O.interactions:
   normal = i.geom.normal
   b1,b2 = [O.bodies[id] for id in (i.id1,i.id2)]
   p1,p2 = [b.state.pos for b in (b1,b2)]
   branch = p2 - p1 # maybe multiplied by -1, depending on what you do with it

> Can I get the fabric tensor directy by yade?

utils.fabricTensor() # see previous answer
or you can compute it "manually"

> a text file which I can use for post processing.

it is still too ambiguous.
In python, you have access to the data and in python it is easy to save data to files. Yade provides in export module utilities to save to various formats, or you can just save it "manually" to the format you need.

cheers