Re: [Question #687404]: Simulation of a breakable clump of spheres mimicing the rock impct against a soil buffering

jasperb is still having a problem:
Hey I am close to the answer!

I have generated a sphere-like clump composed of 1,000 spheres and assigned bonds to them using JCFpm.
1.But the issue is that it seems that I cannot control the overall breakable "clump" ? I mean I could not assign a desired initial velocity simply to the whole clump. And a workaround may be that I assign the initial velocity for each of the member spheres? Does that make sense?
2. As a breakable clump, there already exists thousands of interactions. But it seems that I could not check the interaction information by O.interactions[#particleID1,#particleID2] (the traditional way). YADE will say that no such interactions when I check O.interactions[0,1].phys……. And it works when I use the loop. For i in O.interactions: ……  Is there any way that I can just check the desired contact pair?
3. I want to make the breakable clump impact with a layer of spheres. And I want to record the time when the impact takes place by the function as O.interactions.countReal()>0. But there are already thousands of interactions inside the breakable  clump. Is there any way I could ignore the inside contacts temporarily so that I could capture the impact moment?

Thanks!
Jasper