[Question #689274]: PFV - Yade

I have a general question about the PFV model in Yade. According to the papers that document the model [1,2], the finite volume mesh is created with tetrahedral elements. My question is, is the mesh size is strictly controlled by the triangulation which means that the user cannot refine the mesh? Is the model sensitive to mesh refinement or it will automatically create a mesh that is optimum (i.e. results are independent of mesh size)?

Thanks,
Othman

[1] Chareyre, B., Cortis, A., Catalano, E., & Barthélemy, E. (2012). Pore-scale modeling of viscous flow and induced forces in dense sphere packings. Transport in porous media, 94(2), 595-615.
[2] Catalano, E., Chareyre, B., & Barthélemy, E. (2014). Pore‐scale modeling of fluid‐particles interaction and emerging poromechanical effects. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 38(1), 51-71.