Re: [Question #690111]: Is there a way to generate joints in irregular polyhedra?

weijie gave more information on the question:
Hi Vasileios, and thank you again.

>What do you mean when you say "fix" some of the joints?

Actually I am completing an example in[1],which is simualtion C.In this
simulation,the model consists of four rigid blocks. Three blocks are
fixed with only one wedge being allowed to move under gravity. The
following discontinuities (rock joints) are present:

A: dip = 40° dip direction = 130°.

B: dip = 60° dip direction = 220°.

So, I want to know how to fix certain blocks in the process of
generating joints. In addition to this, An elastic perfectly-plastic
model with the Mohr–Coulomb yielding surface was assumed for the joint
behavior. How should the Mohr–Coulomb yielding surface be realized?

Best regards,
Jie

[1]Boon CW, Houlsby GT, Utili S (2012) A new algorithm for contact
detection between convex polygonal and polyhedral particles in the
discrete element method. Computers and Geotechnics, 44: 73-82