Re: [Question #690111]: Is there a way to generate joints in irregular polyhedra?

Vasileios Angelidakis proposed the following answer:
Hi Jie,

First of all, for this application, you start from a cuboidal initial
block, so you do not need an irregular polyhedron.

> So, I want to know how to fix certain blocks in the process of generating joints
In the application you are interested in, you slice both the fixed and the non-fixed bodies, so you do the slicing first, without setting if a body is fixed or not. Fixing bodies comes after you have generated your rock mass.

So, having the initial cuboid and the joint set, you run the BlockGen
and create the rockmass. After that, you identify which bodies you want
to fix (use the GUI to find the id of each of these bodies) and for each
of them, define: O.bodies[id].state.blockedDOFs='xyzXYZ' (this is what
"fixed" translates to). Starting from a high friction angle
("frictionDeg" attribute of the BlockGen), reduce it gradually until the
non-fixed body slides, i.e. until the critical friction angle is
reached.

> How should the Mohr–Coulomb yielding surface be realized

The M-C yielding surface is realised by defining the friction angle
(frictionDeg) of the blocks in contact, for non-cohesive contacts, like
in this example. Inside the contact law, this angle is used to decide
when a contact should slip, which happens when the shear force exceeds
the static frictional limit: tan(frictionAngle)*normalForce.

Hope you find this useful,
Vasileios