Re: [Question #690122]: Modelling a shearing rigid box for dissipation control

Stefano Simone is still having a problem:
Thank you for the answer!

I'm sorry, next time I'll follow the rules. Thank you also for the
useful tips for asking issue.

In this theard I will limitate my questions to the energy tracking.

1) I know that in the terms of **O.energy there is kinetic energy,
gravity Work and nonviscous damping. If I save the O.energy.total() does
it compute the sum of these three?

2) Considering that in my system the mass of spheres is very very small
(~10^-6 kg) it should result Etot =~ nonviscDamp. What is the meaning of
this term?

3) Is it correct to compare this O.energy.total() directy with friction
dissipation term from HM Law2
(Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin.frictionDissipation) or the other
computed dissipated energies?

Thank you in advance.

Stefano