Re: [Question #690973]: running on a server is slower than on a PC

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
> But I need a faster speed for the simulation by parallel computation.
So I use 96 core.

Would another usage of the power be meaningful, e.g. running in parallel
12 simulation, each using -j8?

> So I use 96 core.

Are you sure there are no other processes running on the computer? How
e.g. -j 48 behaves?

> If the performance is just depend on a core, that is a very terrible
message to me.

I did not understand this, but the speed-up depends on the combination
of the number of cores used AND the script. There are many factors..

cheers