Re: [Question #693640]: utils.wall acts like air...

Jan Stránský requested more information:
> so what stiffness do? creating a harder surface?

stiffness "does" stiffer contact..
stiffness is (again, basically) ratio of force divided by length (penetration depth). The higher stiffness, the larger repulsive force for the same overlap.

> i also noticed that changing only sphere stiffness or wall doesnt
work. could you please explain it specifically?

please be more specific (posting MWE with specific values).
Also please provide Yade version you use.

> hmmm... ground is like a platform in lab? sphere falls on it then
settles down in a few seconds? i just need wall to support my sphere...
why does sphere in wall.py settle down that fast?

Sorry, I did not get it. Please be more specific what you expect, what
you get from simulation, how it differs, ...

> (is there any other way to contact with other users? some kind of
conversation without delay?)

you can write to people directly or adjust some instant messaging with them.
But IMO the frequency of direct messages would be the same as answering here, as the motivation to answer is the same (after all it is for free, free-time activity).

cheers