Re: [Question #697615]: displacement vs friction graph plotting

Pawan gave more information on the question:
Sorry for the inconvenience, I am new to this platform.
I have sorted my code till here

from yade import plot
idSteel=O.materials.append(FrictMat(young=210e9,poisson=.25,frictionAngle=.8,label="steel")) #material
sp=sphere((0,0,0),1,material=idSteel)  #sphere
plate=box((0,0,-1),(10,100,0),material=idSteel)  #plate
plateID=O.bodies.append(plate) #plateID=0
spID=O.bodies.append(sp) #spID=1
sp.state.blockedDOFs = "xyXYZ" #sphere movement z dir allowed
O.forces.setPermF(1,(0,0,-1))  # 1 mag. force on sphere in -ve z direction
plate.state.blockedDOFs = "xyzXYZ"  #plate movement blocked
plate.state.vel =(0,.02,0)  #plate given const. velocity in y direction

#engine
O.engines=[ForceResetter(),
    InteractionLoop(
     [Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom()],
     [Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
     [Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
    ),
    NewtonIntegrator(),
    PyRunner(iterPeriod=500,command="addPlotData()")
]

def addPlotData():
  Dz=plate.state.displ()
  Fz=O.forces.f(plateID)
  plot.addData(i=O.iter,Fz=Fz,Dz=Dz)
plot.plots={'Dz':('Fz')}
plot.plot()
O.dt=0.5*PWaveTimeStep()
O.saveTmp()

Here what I am trying to do is fixing a sphere particle on a moving plate. A normal load is applied on the sphere ....the same thing as we do in the shear test ..but here with a single particle.
Now I want to record the friction at the interface with the displacement of the plate.

The problem that I feel is the normal force applied is not getting
transferred to the interface and hence no friction is recorded.

For the friction force, I have taken force on the plate....as the only
force on the plate in a moving direction will be friction.

Kindly help me with this .