Re: [Question #697548]: Simulating the time-dependent behavior of single grain

> Do we have a creep contact model for the single agglomerate under
constant load in Yade? My instructor thinks the creep contact model is
the most important.

There are some models including viscosity, have a look [1] (I myself do not use and know them almost at all).
Also there were some models developed, which were not put to the Yade source code [2], you can search question history.

Yes, the contact model is of course important. But the solution approach too.
E.g. if the simulation is not feasible to compute, then the best model is "useless".

> Is there a script for " long-term aging of concrete"? Or there is only
the short-term of concrete to use Cpm.

No.
I doubt there is any example of "long-term" behavior, since (as discussed), Yade is used for "short-term" scenarios.

>> You could maybe use some implicit integration scheme, but I am not sure how it would work for "non-continuous" phenomenons
> Could you please explain one more time for me, and I understand it like this: in Yade default uses explicit time integration and I can also change it into implicit integration, but maybe not good for the non-linear situations. or only uses explicit time integration? Is it due to too much computer cost?

Yes, Yade default (I would say almost "built-in") time integration is NewtonIntegrator, using explicit time integration, requiring "very short" time step. Not usable for "long term" simulations.
But you can use other integration, e.g. there is RungeKuttaCashKarp54Integrator [3], or some substepping, or event-driven approach, or .... many of the ideas are out of scope of Yade..

> Yade is my first choice, if it is really not suitable, I may try other
DEM software.

I am not sure if Yade and DEM is the way to go..
Yade is nice that it is open source and you can "add anything". Assuming non-negligible time costs and some programming. So it also depends on your time, background etc.

Now you know some basic ideas, maybe you can ask new specific questions
[4] for the sub-topics (model, integration scheme, general discussion
about feasibility, ...).

My conclusion: from Yade (and DEM in general), I see the biggest problem
the "long term" behavior.

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#constitutive-laws