Re: [Question #698970]: Questions about updating yade

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
Two last remarks:

- "Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as
repository 'http://www.yade-dem.org/packages focal InRelease' doesn't
support architecture 'i386'"

is not really an error / problem for you. I see it more as a warning
message telling you that yade packages are not available for 32-bit
hardware.

Which is not a problem if your machine is 64-bit anyway, as you
hardcoded, I guess, adding [arch = amd64] in the deb statement. After
that change, apt-get does not even bother asking for a non-existing
32-bit compatible package and you do not get the message but nothing
important actually changed, I guess.

- As for the yadedaily version, you maybe noticed that the "44b94a0" part of your "20210923-5934~44b94a0~focal1" refers to a so-called git hash = label of source code version as of [*] = a "commit".

You can know whether your yadedaily is the most recent by checking
whether more recent commits exist (e.g. at [**]), modulo the short (1
day ?) delay for a new commit at [**] to make its way in your package
manager.

Once you know a more recent version exists, it is "just" a matter of
package update, see Robert Caulk's advice for instance. (Maybe
--reinstall option of apt-get could be tried as well ?)

[*] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/commit/44b94a0d7296793290d001a669d78164d4bdf291
[**] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/commits/master