Re: [Question #699398]: Triaxial total stress-strain curve using JCFpmMat

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Can you please limit your questions to 1 question per thread? This is
our forum guideline, which is more precisely outlined here [1]. The
reason we ask you to do this is because it helps keep the forum
organized, easier to search, easier to read. Hence it is a strong
knowledge base. We are happy to help you, but we also what to be as
effective as possible with our volunteered time here. Thank you for
helping keep the knowledge base organized and adhering to our guidelines
[1]. Please read that.

>>1.The purpose of Isotropic compression stage is to make the particles
dense,right?If so,in my script I use the randomDensePack,Is it necessary
to retain this stage?

You still need to reach the stable unbalanced force, whether you seek a
desired porosity or not.

2.In the deviatoric stage,the example use triax.goal2=rate to control
the compression.I also try to use it in my script(triaxial with
JCFpm),but after 4500000 iter,I can not get the ideal total stress-
strain curve.(Is it related to my material parameters and strain rate?)

What is the "ideal total stress-strain curve?" How is it different from
what you are computing?

3.With the JCFpmMat,I can record the number of ShearCracks and
TensCracks.Can you give me a suggestion on how to control the end of the
test (specimen compression failure)?

You can use PyRunner to insert logic into the engine list. Based on
whatever logic you please, you can stop the simulation. Please review
our documentation on PyRunners [2].

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask