Re: [Question #699908]: Project the hydraulic coupler

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> I would like you to make me a script

apart from [1], maybe also read [2]?

Firstly, please answer these questions:
Why/if do you want to use DEM (discrete element method)?
Why do you want to use Yade?

Also, for people, who are out of your field not familiar with the terms, but willing to help, could you provide more information about your problem and what / how you want to solve it? Do you have something like wiki/other link about he mechanism? Or maybe an article solving similar issue?
This one paragraph is really too much general and vague.
I know I could google all the terms, but I do not want to do it :-)

> Since this programming is oriented towards the object, in my case my
object is this model that I have already drawn which is in 3D.

It feels like a misunderstanding here. Yade SOURCE CODE DESIGN is object oriented, meaning the used programming approach [3].
So autodesk object is completely different essence of object which Yade is "oriented towards".
The documentation mentions a few times terms like "flexible object model", but it refers to the programming rather that to "take any external object and do whatever simulation on it". (of course, anything can be implemented, but it is a different topic).

Also, how does this question differs from [4] (or [4] from this)?
[1] explicitly require new question for a new topic, but on the same hand, please do not create "the same" question more times. E.g. first please try to answer the given comments or update/improve the question (either directly modifying the original question or by additional comments).

Cheers
Jan

[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/consulting.html
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_programming