Re: [Question #700494]: Boundary conditions with thermal engine

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

>>I want to impose a constant heat flux at a surface which constitutes
the boundary of a confined granular packing.

The code does not currently allow for imposing a heat flux as a boundary
condition. Only dirichlet boundary conditions are supported. However, it
is possible to add neumann bcs but requires modifying the source code.

>>thermal.thermalBndFlux=[a,b,c,d,e,f] ??
What does the 6 component vector represent ?? we can only treat the case of a cubic box maybe ?

This simply reports the flux passing through each of the 6 boundaries of
the cube. This is not a boundary condition assignment.

>> if I fix temperature, I need in this case to add both instructions in the code:
thermal.bndCondIsTemperature=[a,b,c,d,e,f]
thermal.thermalBndCondValue=[a',b',c',d',e',f']
restriction to cubic boxes also ?

Yes these are the functions you use to assign the constant temperature
coundary conditions for the solid phase. This is designed for cubic
packings but can also be used for cylindrical or spherical shapes
(anything that does not have a cavity). You just need to ensure your
boundary walls are spaced enough to contain your sphere/cylinder.

Cheers,

Robert