Re: [Question #702065]: How to set periodic boundary?

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> This is urgent.

do not ask urgent questions on Saturday..

If the problem is urgent (no matter what the day is), it is your responsibility to state the problem and question such that it is easy and quick to solve, i.e. read and follow [1].
- Provide the complete error message (point 2)
- Provide a MWE (point 3)
- Be specific wherever it makes sense

> using the code given in the examples in Yade documentation (it uses
PeriTriaxController)

Please be more specific
Which examples?

> error ... stating ... triaxial simulation works only on periodic
boundaries

Triaxial simulation does work for non-periodic boundaries [2].
Please provide full error message.

> I tried to set periodic boundary in the code

Please provide the code

> and sometimes crashes (I set 'periodic= True' in the ymport.txt()
function

Yes, this should crash, as there is no ymport.txt function
If you meant ymport.text, there is no parameter "periodic".

> and also added 'O.periodic= True' like in the code.

What is "the code"?

> I read the documentation

What is "the documentation"?
Please be more specific.

Read also [1].

> but still don't understand how to set periodic boundaries if particle
coordinates are imported into the code.

Exactly the same way as with no particles or generated particles or...

> From what I understood, periodic boundaries can be set only when
packing is generated in the code.

Where / how did you get this understanding?
Periodic boundaries can be set independent of any packing.

> Is it possible to set periodic boundaries if the particle coordinates
are imported?

Yes

> is it possible to conduct triaxial test without periodic boundaries?

Yes [2]

> I tried to set periodic boundaries in the GUI controller

It does not (should) not matter where you set the periodicity

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask
[2] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/triax-tutorial/script-session1.py