Re: [Question #702938]: About the code of sphere 3D ratation in yade

please be more specific.

> I want to call the pose shapes of the particles and their 3D rotations
at each time step.

what does this, specifically "call pose shapes" exactly mean?

> But I didn't find code that handles 3D rotation of spherical
particles.

what does "handle 3D rotation" mean?

The orientation / 3D rotation of particle is in python its b.state.ori,
so the corresponding C++ code is inside core/State.hpp

It's main "usage" is probably in NewtonIntegrator, so ha a look there, pkg/dem/NewtonIntegrator.*
See also explanation in documentation [1]

b.state.ori is a quaternion [2].

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#motion-integration , section Orientation